This page shares my best articles to read on topics like LGBTQ+ advocacy, Equality, poetry, sports, healing from trauma, and more. The central question that drives my work is, “How do we grow as people and as a society?” To answer that question, I like to write about my personal experiences and my unique perspective.
Ready to read away? The articles are separated by publictaion.
The New York Times
- Trans kids deserve the same opportunity that made my NFL career possible
- Luke Prokop’s choice to live an open and authentic life marks a new normal in sport
- The main lesson I was given as a college football star? Sports trump academics
- The first NFL playoff game with an active LGBTQ+ player is an important milestone
- Flores reminded us the NFL values Black players for our bodies, not our minds
The Los Angeles Times
- Coming Out To Play
- The In-Between: The Poet and The Athlete
- Excellence Ain’t Equal
- The In-Between: Black Love and Interracial Dating
- Too Black To Be Queer